Listonic categorizes items on your shopping lists to save you time by minimizing the distance you need to walk between store aisles. When you create your custom categories, you might want to modify or remove them.
Edit or remove a category:
- Tap a list with items you want to edit
- Tap and make sure the “Show prices” option is switched off.
- Tap the category icon of the item you want to add to a new category
- Tap “My categories”
- Tap next to the category you want to modify
- Tap Edit category to modify it, or Delete to remove it completely
- Tap the back arrow to save your changes and go back to the list of your categories
This option is currently unavailable on iOS.
People you share your list with can see your custom categories, but are unable to edit it.
Custom categories in action
Imagine you’re making a shopping list for your kid’s first day of school. Create custom categories such as “uniform,” “stationary,” “registration,” or “lunchbox” to organize your grocery list better.